1. Mass Schedule – we are entering a new world, and our Mass schedule will reflect that.
- WEEKDAY MASS: Given that none of us has been able to attend Mass for several months, and to allow for physical distancing, weekday Mass will move to 6:30 pm in the main Church from Monday to Thursday. For purposes of potential contact-tracing, registration will take place in the same way as for Sunday Mass. It will be necessary to register for each day separately.
- SUNDAY MASS: Due to the complexity of the logistics involved, (including cleaning and disinfecting) and the experience of low attendance among parishes that have already re-opened, our first weekend (June 20/21) we are offering one Sunday Mass, at 11:00 am. Beginning Saturday, June 27th we will add a Saturday 5:00 pm Mass and will add additional Weekend Masses as required.
2. Registration –– Online & Telephone: Given that Sunday Masses now have attendance limits, we are implementing a registration system. Registration for Sunday Mass opens at noon the Saturday a week prior and closes at noon the Saturday before Mass. For purposes of contact tracing, we will ask you for your name, phone number, and email address. Telephone registration is available on the same schedule by calling the parish office (519) 753-8439 and leaving a message. Visit stpiusbrantford.ca/mass-registration.
How it will work – Much more information (including informational videos) can be found on the mass registration web page (see below).
- Online – Go to https://stpiusbrantford.ca/mass-registration/ There you will find a link to our registration system. You must register for each Sunday Mass, and you can register for multiple weekday Masses (for the current week). The registration links on this page will be refreshed weekly. Registration for Sunday Mass will go live on this page at 12:00 noon each Saturday and close the following Saturday at noon.
- Waiting list – If you try to register online and the registration is already full, it is IMPORTANT that you add yourself to the waiting list. We will be attempting to arrange to seat for each Mass based on the size of households actually registered, which may enable us to allow more to attend than the average we used in calculating our attendance limit. In this case, we would contact those first on the waiting list. Also, many names on the waiting list will tell us that we should be adding an additional Mass or Masses the following weekend. Please help us in this way!
3. Live streaming – We know that many of you will not yet be comfortable returning. Bishop Crosby has permitted the continued use of live streaming of our Sunday Mass. We will also be live streaming our Thursday evening exposition of the blessed sacrament, prayer, and benediction.
4. Time for Prayer – We will open the church at 6:00 pm Monday – Wednesday before daily Mass. The church will open at 5:30 pm on Thursdays, and Reconciliation will be available from 5:30 pm to approximately 6:15 pm. At the conclusion of Thursday Mass, we will expose the Blessed Sacrament for an hour of prayer concluding with benediction with incense.